Using the Banner Bars
The top of the screen contains the banner bars. It is here where you select the different search types, use tools from the toolbar, and are able to change databases or return to your library's website (if enabled). Refer to the sample screen image below:
Sample Banner Bars
Select a Related topics link below for more information on each area of the page banner.
- A = Library Bar - In the upper-left hand corner, you'll find the Gale Cengage Learning logo. To the right, there may be a drop-down menu offering links to specific pages of your library's website (if enabled by your library), as well as a Return to Library link.
- B = Title bar - Displays the name of this database, and to the right, you'll find the Preferences, Change Databases and Logout links. You can also select a font size.
- C = Toolbar - Contains tools that help you manage the information you find, including icons to InfoMark, Print, E-mail, Download and display your Marked Items list. You can view your Previous Searches, look up words in an online Dictionary and link to the Title List. You'll find the Export List and People List tools. You'll also be able to open a pop-up window showing these Help pages, get Tips and take a Guided Tour.
- D = Search path bar - Provides links to the various types of searches available in this collection.
- E = Breadcrumb trail - Shows you where you are in your search and lets you return to a previous step.
Note: You may notice slight variations between what you find in the product you are using and this sample image, due to product differences, the page you are currently using and your library's system settings. But the location of the icons and links as listed in the key remains the same.